Capital Markets Loan Originator
Our New York office is seeking a Capital Markets Loan Originator to join our team.
SAB Capital is a leading boutique commercial real estate brokerage firm with over $4 billion in transaction volume specializing in investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services nationwide. We have developed our expertise through extensive work in sell-side, buy-side and capital markets assignments on behalf of private equity funds, family offices, closely held businesses and publicly traded companies.
SAB Capital is looking to add an experienced Mortgage Originator to its commercial real estate advisory team. This individual will be responsible for the sourcing, management, and placement of new business. The ideal candidate or team will have an existing book of business, and be able to manage the financing needs of SAB Capital’s twenty investment sales professionals.
- Business development – Identify and aggressively build/maintain relationships with real estate advisors, sponsors and corporations.
- Convert relationships into exclusive financing mandates
- Assist in leading transactions from initial client pitches to transaction closings
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Oversee credit underwriting activities
- Work within a team framework to identify the appropriate lenders for clients various capital needs
- Perform underwriting analysis on deal transactions
- Work closely with other members of the firm to assist in deal negotiations and deal executions
- Manage and track required due-diligence materials related to each deal transaction
- Identify and attend relevant conferences and events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with mandatory 3+ years of experience in loan origination
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment
- Ability to interface with C-level executives, portfolio managers, and managing directors
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Sales experience preferred but not required
- Strong decision-making capability with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and client-driven expectations and deadlines
- Be Coachable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Superior analytical, comprehension and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Ability to manage and work successfully with “Type A” personalities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- High level of comfort in reading and deciphering P&L statements
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
Full-time, Competitive commission-based compensation with excellent earning potential.Vibrant company culture that fosters collaboration and teamwork.
Access to mentorship and support from industry experts.
Opportunities for career advancement within a rapidly growing company.
Continuous professional development and training.
Cutting-edge real estate technology and resources.